“Behavioral Management of Dementia”
By Ricardo Barrera, Ph.D.
- The participant will be able to identify:
- The primary and secondary behavioral symptoms of dementia.
- The principles of behavior management.
- The sources of behavioral problems in demented patients.
- The principles and strategies for effective behavior management of: agitation, aggression, sleep disturbances, suspiciousness, and wandering.
- This program will review:
- Primary diagnosis and symptoms of dementia.
- Secondary behavioral symptoms of dementia.
- Principles of behavior management.
- Sources of behavioral problems.
- Principles of effective behavior management of dementia.
- Strategies for managing behavioral problems.
Information About the Speaker
Dr. Ricardo Barrera is the Director of Neurobehavioral Services at New Bedford Rehabilitation Hospital in New Bedford, MA. He is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.